How to buy laptops in 2021 : Laptop buying guides
Laptops are necessary these days for study purpose, business, running various organisations etc. Spend your money to buy the right laptops according to your works.
Laptops are easy to carry anywhere as it is compact enough. Mobiles, tablets are very common for everyone to use and to carry. But the thing is that you cannot run all the programs in mobiles or in tablets. Numerous laptops and notebooks are there in the market with different features to use in different purpose. So, it become tough to choose the right laptop according to your works and needs which one to buy.
Here, we are going to share top 6 tips which will help you to buy the right laptop according to your needs.
1. Platform whether Window or Mac
Windows : It is quite easy to use the window platform than MacOS as because much of the software are free to get from the store. The OS is familiar to everyone. Windows has different version and now runs with the latest version as Windows 10 which is easy to use. If we talk about the price, the range starts from $250 (in India) and goes on.
MacOS : This is a bit complex than Windows to use. But, in case of performance, far better than the Windows platform. As, this OS works nicely while doing a heavy project also. No lag issue could be found. But most of the software are paid in the MacOS to use. The price range starts from $750 (in India). It provides high security.
Which one to choose : Windows or Mac ?
If you are a student, runs small business, want a budget friendly laptop, then definitely Windows would be the best option. If you want the laptop to give high performance while doing heavy works on it, having no issue of using money for laptop, go with Mac.
Laptops are differently categorised by the sizes of the screen too.
11-12 inches laptops are very thin and light. These are easy to carry anywhere weigh of 2.5 to 3.5 pounds
13-14 inch laptops are the most balanced laptops in case of portability and usability weigh of 4 pounds.
15.6 -16 inch laptops are the most popular laptops used by the people weigh of 4.5-5.5 pounds.
17-18 inch laptops are for creating nice gaming environment to the desk room when you don’t want to carry the laptop anywhere.
3. Segment based on your budget
These days you can buy laptops in cheap price too but here are the some budget ranges which will help you to buy the right laptops in case of performance, build quality, battery life etc.
- $200-350 – In this segment, you can buy the least windows quality laptops. These will give a slower performance in using, low memory, low ram, low battery life. The laptops are best for kids or the beginners to learn how to operate the laptops. HP, Dell, Acer laptops can be bought.
- $400-$700 – Under $700 you can get the best laptop for using daily purpose. In this segment, the laptops are comes with processor intel core i5, HDD of 500GB or 1 TB . You can get up to 8GB ram as well. 2 GB graphics card also.
- $700-900 – In this range, few mac books are available which comes with 500 gb hard drive, core i5 processor. And the Window laptops comes with core i7 processor with more than 2GB graphics card or 32 gb of Optane memory as well. And all other important specs of laptops are there in this range such as Full HD Display, long lasting battery life, backlit keyboard.
- Above $900 – Long lasting laptops in case of providing battery life, high performance consistency. The best laptops for gaming, video editing, recording, providing high security, designing are available in this range. Comes with core i9 processor and the latest generations of laptops. You will get more SSD, more RAM , graphics card for the laptops.
Computer processor is its brain, the component where most of the thinking happens.
A faster CPU lets you crunch spreadsheets, surf web pages, play games or edit photos faster. But, a higher wattage processor may also give you worse battery life.
When you are buying a laptop, you will usually see the name of the processor listed prominently in every product description.
Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7 vs Core i9
Most of the Intel CPU, you will see on laptop that cost over $400 are branded as core i3 or core i5 or i7. As the numbering suggest, core i3 is the slowest, i5 and i7 are in the middle and i9 is the fasted. Usually, the i5 model is more than adequate for a regular, everyday user who is not doing intensive graphics work, engineering science or giving. Both core i5 Core and core i7 and i9 support turbo boost which allows the clock speed to go higher based on the task.
However, core i3 doesn’t provide either of those features.
5. Important quick specs to look for
- Display – To enjoy the moment by watching videos, gaming, go with FHD screen. Anti-glare display are recommended.
- RAM – More the RAM, more the responding speed of laptops software. Laptops generally comes with 4GB RAM these days. In some laptops, there are slots available where you can extend the laptop RAM. To enjoy gaming performance, minimum 8GB of RAM are required.
- SSD or HDD – The drive SSD a bit faster than HDD to boot up the laptop and helps in opening of software. SSD helps to give the best performance while using.
- Graphics Card – Laptops these days built with integrated graphics card which helps to provide heavy performance in gaming, running heavy software.
- Backlit Keyboard – This kind of keyboard help to work at night while there is no light to see the keyboard alphabets and symbols. Also give the laptop a good look.
6. Battery Life
According to the brief research by our team we have found that there are mainly two kind of battery life. One is how long will the battery last before it’s no longer an effective battery. That’s pretty much the same for all modern laptops now a days – about 300 to 500 full charges. That’s what you can expect from today’s Li-ion batteries.
It depends on the laptop to figure out what your specific laptop should get, find the model number and look up reviews for your laptop.
A low-power laptop with a decent sized battery could last 12+ hours doing work, web browsing or playing a video. A high power gaming laptop with small battery might only get one or two hours of web browsing or playing a video.
Most laptops fall in the two-six hours range, a lot of thin and light laptops are pushing 8 hours now and giving laptop tend to get fewer than 4 hours unless they have massive batteries.
As far as how long a laptop battery will keep holding a good charge, this depends a lot on how you use the laptop. It’s all a numbers game, so deciding which are the laptops with best battery life is objective. Right now, the laptop with best battery life you can buy is the Dell Latitude 9510, which comes in at a ridiculous 18 hours and 17 minutes. This is one of the best business laptops that you can buy. But if you are looking for a portable 2-in-1 laptop the HP Spectre x360 is perfect for you. It lasting capacity is 13 hours and 20 minutes.
Also read – Top 5 Best Web Browser For PC 2021
Check out – The 8 Best Laptops in 2021 For Work